Armstrong Logistics Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”, “the Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We operate the website https://www.armstrong- logistics.co.uk (“the Website”).
We are a limited company whose registered number is 04158747 and whose address is Unit 3 Logix Road, Logix Park, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 3BQ.
This privacy notice will provide you with information about how we look after your personal data when you visit and use our Website (regardless of where you visit it from) including any data you may provide through the Website. It will also tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
The Company is the controller of your personal data and is therefore responsible for your personal data. The Company is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA381418.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information about you that you give us
The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number and any message that relates to your enquiry. This may be given by you in order to complete an enquiry or contact form when accessing “Contact” or “Enquiry Form” on our website. It will also give you the option to opt-in (by ticking a box) to receive further details of our services and information about our business from time to time.
If you access our “Careers” section of our Website and seek to apply for any vacant roles with the Company as advertised there, you will be taken to an application form which will seek certain personal information from. We issue a separate privacy notice to all job applicants which will inform you what information we collect and why. Our application form will collect the following types of information: name, surname, address, phone number, email address, national insurance number, position applied for, whether you are a UK citizen or have the right to work in the UK, whether you have a criminal conviction (if relevant), your education and qualifications history, referees details and previous employment history.
Information collected by us automatically
We may automatically collect information about you such as technical information regarding your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, geographical location, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
It may also include information about your visit(s) to our Website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), job vacancies you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
IP addresses and Cookies
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information we collect about you as follows:
Information that you give us
We may use the information you give to us to:
- Respond to your enquiries as requested by you and in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- Provide you with information that you request in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- If you send in a job application through our Website, to consider you for a role in our business in accordance with our legitimate interests and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
Information collected by us automatically
We may use the information we automatically collect to:
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer as is in our legitimate interest;
- Administer and monitor our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes so as to allow us to provide you with the best possible service and experience as is in our legitimate interest to do so; and
- Keep our Website safe and secure as is in our legitimate interest.
Storage of your personal data
All of the information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are located within the UK and the European Economic Area.
Sharing and transfer of your personal data
We do not share the data that you supply to us via our Website with any third parties save for our IT consultants and website producers, and then only for the purposes of improving or developing our Website. We may share information about your use of our Website with our social media and analytics partners for the purposes of improving our Website and to make the user experience more efficient.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law and/or our instructions or as part of our regulatory or insurance obligations.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, the access to and use of the personal data that we collect is restricted to those employees who need the personal data to perform a specific job role or activity. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the internet.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary having regard to the purpose for which we collected it. We operate retention policies to ensure that personal information we do not need is deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please send a written request to us at the address listed at the end of this privacy notice, addressed for the attention of the Data Manager, Mr Steve Flynn.
Where we have relied on your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting the Data Manager, Steve Flynn using the contact details above.
Other websites and links
Our Website may contain links to other websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices or for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites. We do not investigate, monitor or check third party websites for accuracy or completeness and the inclusion of any linked website on or through our Website does not imply approval or endorsement by us of the linked website.
If you decide to leave our Website and access these third party websites, plug-ins and/or applications you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
This version was last updated on 22nd May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We have appointed Steve Flynn, Data Manager to oversee our compliance with data protection laws. You can contact Steve Flynn by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to him at: Armstrong Logistics Limited, Unit 3 Logix Road, Logix Park, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 3BQ.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.