Aldi Consolidated Warehouse – Operated by Armstrong Logistics Limited.
- Having worked with ALDI Stores Limited for an extensive period we have jointly developed with them a consolidation platform for Ambient Goods.
- We store and distribute 1/3 of the ambient goods you see on the shelves of an ALDI store, working with over 100 manufacturers on a daily basis.
- Our consolidation platform has improved cash flow, supply control, margin, efficiency, Corporate Social Responsibility and Availability for all partners.
- We provide all of our partners with a performance report on a daily basis, identifying the performance by product into the retailer.
- With space for 47,000 pallets in the group we have sufficient space to cater for your needs.
Armstrong’s currently work with over 100 key Aldi suppliers across the world. These valued Armstrong clients ship stock directly to one of our warehouses. Inbound freight is either arranged by Armstrong’s international partner or the suppliers own haulier.
The stock is then held in storage until it is consolidated for onward delivery to Aldi regions.
The use of this system has many benefits to both Aldi and supplier – smooth flow of goods into the region, On–Time and in full & without much of the administration previously required. It reduces the stock-holding at the Aldi region and ultimately means fewer delivery vehicles on the road as all trucks are filled to capacity before departure. In the past suppliers with smaller, slow-moving lines might deliver a truck with 3 pallets at a time; we have reduced the possibility of 10 trucks down to only one in certain circumstances.
Aldi send a copy of their original Purchase order for every order placed concerning Core Range products. For consolidated core range loads we do not require your confirmation to send a load. In all other circumstances we require you to send a copy of the order to us. Your dispatch charges are generated from the orders we receive from the Aldi Regional Warehouses – therefore if you do not have sufficient stock on site for us to complete an order you will still be charged for the pallet space allocated.